Uncovered in Kampung Pendiat, Merbok on the east side of Sungai Bujang, the remains of the temple structure were built during the 11th century. It was discovered by Quaritch Wales in 1940.
Through research and excavation efforts carried out by the Museum Department in 1974, this Hindu temple was later rebuilt and transferred to the Bujang Valley Archaeological Museum at Bukit Batu Pahat. This Hindu temple with its main structure, adored with the Vimana and Mandapa is made from laterite and its foundation from river pebbles. The top structure was made from wood with tiled roofing.